Sunday, August 7, 2016

Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry


Oh this is one of my favorites. It's fresh, it's sweet, it's spicy, it is simply delicious. And better yet, it's so easy to make! It's one of those meals you can make on a weeknight without the hassle.


I love my veggies, and this gets you your full helping without a doubt. But pineapple too? Just thinking about it makes my mouth water! I remember when my mama would make this in a pan (not nearly big enough) and she would make a tower of veggies just to fit them all in.


You can also substitute shrimp for chicken if you prefer (or use both!). I prefer prepping all of the ingredients before you start cooking to avoid burning anything. Plus, it's going to make the actual cooking stress-free. Also make sure you give the vegetables enough time to cook all the way through and blend flavors. It won't disappoint I promise!


This dish isn't very heavy and dangerously addictive, let me tell you. The only con of it is you'll want to keep eating it after you can't eat any more! I have to sip spoonfuls of juice just to satisfy myself after I'm full because I can't get enough.




Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry 
 

serves 4   |   prep & cook: ~ 45 minutes

3 chicken breast filets
half a pineapple
1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
1 small eggplant
1 red bell pepper
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
2 thai red chili peppers (less or more adjusted to taste)
3 tbs oyster sauce
1 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs brown sugar
1 tbs cornstarch 

Chop the pineapple into chunks, cube eggplant, cut bell pepper length wise, and half tomatoes. Set aside. Cut onion into wedges and chicken into thick chunks. Mince garlic and finely chop chili peppers.

In a wok or big pan, heat up a few tablespoons of vegetable oil on high heat. Add garlic, onion and chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked on the outside, stirring often with wooden spoon. Add all vegetable except for tomatoes. Add sauces and brown sugar then cook for about 5 minutes, combining ingredients.

Add tomatoes and chili peppers. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are soft (pineapple should still hold its shape). Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to stir-fry, turning off the heat. Let sit for 5 minutes, allowing sauce to slightly thicken.

Serve with jasmine rice.






No comments

Post a Comment

© Elegantly Improvised
Maira Gall