Monday, August 8, 2016

Chickpea, Cauliflower & Coconut Tomato Stew

On my trek to healthy eating, I've found that sacrificing taste is a complete myth. It's a myth! I've also found that I love all things with a tomato base (I mean how could you go wrong?). I hardly used to eat chickpeas but I've recently been throwing it into everything.




It's been raining insanely here in Norway. It sounded like a man standing over the house pouring buckets of water outside my window. And the wind won't go away! (Please, please go away...) Anyways, since the summer weather is clearly not present, something nice and warm and hearty hits the spot. Perfect for cozying up and watching the olympics.




I let this sit for a while, and I have to say that the wait makes all the difference. Just let the spices and juices blend together and voila––something yummy. Top it all off with fresh coriander (quite possibly my favorite herb) and ENJOY!




Chickpea, Cauliflower & Coconut Tomato Stew

serves 2-3  |   ready in: 30 min

1 cup chickpeas (cooked & drained)
1 cup canned diced tomatoes 
1 cup cauliflower (chopped)
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 an onion (diced)
1 garlic clove (minced)
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbs cumin
1 tbs coriander (finely chopped or dried)
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried pepper
salt & pepper

In a small pot or deep pan or skillet, saute onion on medium high heat for 5 minutes. Add cumin, coriander, oregano and pepper and stir together (it should be smelling great by now). Add cauliflower and cook for another minute.

Pour in tomatoes and coconut milk and stir to combine. Add chickpeas, garlic and balsamic. Bring stew to a boil, then lower heat and cover pot. Cook for 15-20 minutes.

Salt and pepper to taste then top with fresh coriander (cilantro). Serve with couscous or rice.




No comments

Post a Comment

© Elegantly Improvised
Maira Gall