Saturday, August 13, 2016

Super Light Peanut Butter, Banana & Coconut Smoothie Bowl

Light, decadent, yummy yummy yummy. And did I mention it's healthy? I wasn't always a breakfast person, but over the years it's become one of my favorite meals. Having something you really enjoy (alongside a great cup of joe) can set the mood for the day, and there are so many possibilities!




To be completely honest, I can never quite nail the consistency of smoothie bowls... but this time it came out PERFECT! Not only is this perfect to top with toppings, but it's super light and creamy––almost fluffy (is that even possible?). You're probably thinking that peanut butter can't be light, but believe me (even I was surprised) when I tell you that this is not a thick and heavy bowl. In fact, the taste of peanut butter isn't overpowering at all.

Make sure that the banana you're using is completely frozen. If it's not as frozen as you'd like it to be just add a few ice cubes (I'm just not sure how this would change the consistency but it shouldn't make a huge difference). I always like to chop of bananas and keep them in the freezer for whenever I'm feeling for a smoothie, it's super helpful!


I'm just overly joyed that this turned out so amazing and I enjoyed this so so much (without feeling guilty). It's going to be a new staple breakfast for sure.



Super Light Peanut Butter, Banana & Coconut Smoothie Bowl



serves 1  |  ready in: 5 minutes

Ingredients:

1 frozen banana
2 tsp peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tbs honey
1 tsp chia seeds 

toppings:
sliced banana
chopped almonds
dark chocolate pieces
cinnamon


Directions:

Throw everything in a blender or food processor. You may not need to use all the coconut milk right away, add it gradually. Blend until smooth. Transfer to bowl and top with banana, almonds, chocolate and dust with cinnamon. Then eat it all!



No comments

Post a Comment

© Elegantly Improvised
Maira Gall