Sunday, April 9, 2017

A Short Poem

There are so many reasons to be happy and I can’t find one of them.
It’s like a hot cup of tea that’s been cooled down and poured out,
slowly.
There are so many reasons to smile but no one’s got a clue.
It’s like numbness to the cold and everyone thinks they’re on fire.
You think I don’t feel the cold but I’m not paralyzed,
it’ll take ages for these layers to melt.
You say there’s reason but tell me, what are they?
A bright mind creates its own chains faster than light. 
I’m on no hunt; I’m trapped in a maze of understanding.
I sit a breath because the doors are locked.
But it rains 
water fills my lungs.
I do feel.
Whoever told you to be optimistic has never known what it’s like
with the lights off. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Elegantly Improvised
Maira Gall